a|CITY CHURCH uses personal data of individuals for the purpose of general church communication & administration.
a|CITY CHURCH recognizes the importance of the correct & lawful handling of personal data. All personal data, whether it is kept on paper, computer, or other media, will be subject to the appropriate legal safeguards as specified in the POPI ACT 2020.
(Protection of Personal Information Act)
HOW WE COLLECT DATA & INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect personal information each time you are in contact with us. For example, when you:
- Visit our website;
- Book for an in-person service;
- Register for an event;
- Complete any of the online forms;
- Communicate with the Church by email;
- Receive counselling;
- Access to social media platforms such as (but not limited to) Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Instagram.
a|CITY CHURCH will treat all your personal information as private and confidential and will not disclose any data about you to anyone other than the leadership and operational team leaders of the church to facilitate administration and day- to-s day ministry of the Church.
All a|CITY CHURCH staff & volunteers who have access to Personal Data will be required to agree to sign a Data Protection Policy.
There are four exceptional circumstances to the above:
- Where we are legally compelled to do so;
- Where there is a duty to the public to disclose information;
- Where the disclosure is to protect your interests;
- Where the disclosure is made at your request or with your consent.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The day-to-day administration of the church. For example, ACC calls, preparation of service run sheets, notification of team leader days.
- Contacting you to keep you informed about small groups, church events, services, and activities.
- Executive reports that require the collation of statistics. For example, church attendance, small group attendance.
The Database (Anatomy)
This database can only be accessed by staff and volunteers who have been authorized to do so by the Senior Leaders.
- Access is controlled using a login username;
- Only Senior Leaders have access to all information on the database. All other authorized staff & volunteers have limited access to specific sections.
- Staff & volunteers who have access are the church administrator and members of the ACC team (a|CITY Care Team).
- None of your information is passed on to third parties outside the church environment without your consent.
- Sensitive, personal information is kept strictly confidential. It is never sold, given away or otherwise shared with anyone, unless required by law.
Should you have any queries or concerns regarding the above, please contact the Church office.